Audio channel strip for clavinet

Rhodes54

Can anyone suggest an audio channel strip setting (and effects plugins) for running a real Clavinet into Mainstage so that it approximates the sound of Richard Manuel’s on “The Last Waltz”? Playing a tribute show in a few weeks and want to make it as authentic as possible. I’m especially having trouble picking the right amp/speaker combo in Amp Designer and getting the right phaser sound. (And maybe a noise gate? it’s a little buzzy because, yknow..real clavinet)

(Sure, I could use the built-in clavinet, save my back and probably nobody would know. But I don’t get to use my real instruments much anymore.)

I’ve been using Mainstage for years but never tried it as a processor for an analog instrument.

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...

Help please! I've got THREE audio interfaces and can't get ANY of them to simultaneously take an external audio signal (a clavinet Duo) into a Mainstage channel strip AND send an output to a DI or headphones out. Behringer has no phone or chat support (maybe that’s why their prices are low)

Show is Wednesday and no time to order anything new. If needed I can bring TWO interfaces one for input one for output, but there has to be something I’m doing wrong.

Heres’s what I have:

Behringer UCA-222 (no preamp so clavinet signal is too weak)

Behringer Xenyx 302USB -> I can process the Clavinet in MS and see the meters responding, but I hear nothing from the software instruments unless I press the Line/USB FROM button, but then I don’t hear the audio channel.

Behringer U-Phoria UM2 -> All I hear from the Clavinet is the dry signal coming from the output jacks. (This interface was ordered recently because I’d read the 302USB can’t do both USB input and audio input, but who knows whether that’s true)

Numa Compact 2 as controller

NanoKontrol

Midi Expressions Quattro

1978 Clavinet Duo