MainStage.....Not quiet there??????

robreed1

I thought it was designed to be a way of turning your Macbook into a multi timbral module using Logic sounds etc....Thats what I want.....but cant get it to do that....

The main thing is that its seems that you can only access 1 patch at a time....

this means that if (as I do) I want to use 3 midi control keyboards and have each with a differant sound (Patch) accessed by program changes from each keyboard ...

I cant??????

The only way to acces 3 keyboards is inside the Patches.....

This means having loads of of variations of patches...COS.

Say I want Piano(Patch1)on Keyboard 1....

and then kepping the piano on keyboard 1 ,but want a Moog (Patch2) on keyboard 2,then a string (Patch3) on keyboard 2..I would have to have 3 Patches just to do thats and...

i.e.64 Patches just to have all the possible variations of using 8 sounds....

Instead of 8 patches if you could acces them seperatly..

Sorry if this is confusing....you should try explaining it to a APPLE care chap.

ROB

I thought it was designed to be a way of turning your Macbook into a multi timbral module using Logic sounds etc....Thats what I want.....but cant get it to do that....

The main thing is that its seems that you can only access 1 patch at a time....

this means that if (as I do) I want to use 3 midi control keyboards and have each with a differant sound (Patch) accessed by program changes from each keyboard ...

I cant??????

The only way to acces 3 keyboards is inside the Patches.....

This means having loads of of variations of patches...COS.

Say I want Piano(Patch1)on Keyboard 1....

and then kepping the piano on keyboard 1 ,but want a Moog (Patch2) on keyboard 2,then a string (Patch3) on keyboard 2..I would have to have 3 Patches just to do thats and...

i.e.64 Patches just to have all the possible variations of using 8 sounds....

Instead of 8 patches if you could acces them seperatly..

Sorry if this is confusing....you should try explaining it to a APPLE care chap.

ROB

Patches are used to recall a single "setup". You can, and most people will, only use them for one sound, but a patch can contain:

• multiple instruments playing on multiple channels

• audio channels processing input in realtime

thanks for the reply....

I know what you say...

but the biggest problem is that you can only use program changes from one controller....cos it changes the patch selection...not the sound within the patch that is assigned to the controller.....

I know what you say that each PATCH is multi timbral...great...

PATCH.1

KEYBOARD 1 String

Key 2 Moog

Key 3 Paino...

Let say I Only want to change keyboard 1 sound to a ORGAN...

I would have to create a new Patch, I cant just change the sound of keyboard and keep the rest the same....each variation would have to have a new patch>>>

Hope that explains it...

thanks for the reply....

I know what you say...

but the biggest problem is that you can only use program changes from one controller....cos it changes the patch selection...not the sound within the patch that is assigned to the controller.....

I know what you say that each PATCH is multi timbral...great...

PATCH.1

KEYBOARD 1 String

Key 2 Moog

Key 3 Paino...

Let say I Only want to change keyboard 1 sound to a ORGAN...

I would have to create a new Patch, I cant just change the sound of keyboard and keep the rest the same....each variation would have to have a new patch>>>

Hope that explains it...

You can always duplicate a patch so that a single program change will change one or more settings inside a patch as you like.