Program Changes selecting one above (or below) target

jpb1977

Help,

Strange phenomenon yesterday... My MainStage Patches were behaving normally, i.e. typing in patch change request selected the proper MainStage patch. But within these patches, I have external instruments sending program changes to a hardware keyboard and wireless MIDI dongle. The wireless MIDI was fine, but the program change sent to the Nord was not landing correctly. It was one program ABOVE the previously programmed destination. With 45 MainStage patches, it was a real pain to go to each and adjust by 1. Which I did.... and then did a "save as", just in case this behaviour doesn't repeat itself and I actually need the originally programmed numbers.

Any idea why? I feel it is more than likely a Nord problem more than a MainStage issue.

MIDI is covering the range of 0-127. So 0 is the first number of that lot. A human would name the first preset 1. Or "FatB Ass", depending on personal preferences. But quite probably not 0. A machine would name the first preset 0, without any further preferences. Some devices act in favour of humans, some don't. If both types meet, strange things may happen.

MIDI is covering the range of 0-127. So 0 is the first number of that lot. A human would name the first preset 1. Or "FatB Ass", depending on personal preferences. But quite probably not 0. A machine would name the first preset 0, without any further preferences. Some devices act in favour of humans, some don't. If both types meet, strange things may happen.

I know what you are referring to, as MainStage MIDI preferences allow you to select between 0-127 or 1-128, but that only affects the MainStage patch listing, not the programs of an external device.