Midi playback?

Count Dooku

Probably would work it that seems more complicated. I don’t know anything about max.

It’s also possible to make scripter scripts play back midi parts. There are already some threads in here explaining how. You will need logicpro in order to create the scripts but then the scripts can play inside mainstage without logicpro.

Have a look at this thread for some Scripter ideas:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=136193&hilit=sequencer

Maybe I will try to put a more generalized script up here... Not sure exactly what you need to use midi file for in MainStage, but that thread hashes out some of the challenges and possible solutions...

Here is a video of an example I did a few years ago...using Scripter to play back a standard midi file in MainStage..... totally possible...but there was a fair amount of effort involved setting it up. But then its a pretty clean setup to run it once its working because no other plugins, no external systems or crazy routing, just simple Scripter playback.

If you are wanting to play backing tracks in MainStage, I highly recommend you just render them to MP3 and play them back that way rather then messing around with midi files. But there could be reasons for wanting to playback midi files...I get it. The easiest way I have found so far is using PlogueBidule, which has a midi file player built into it.