Mainstage as a bus input?

LukeDunn

I don't know if I should post this here or in the new feature setion but here goes.

I really think it would be nice to be able to use Mainstage as bus input and be able to record the audio into logic on an audio track.

You get all these great sound and instrument options, and can creat amazing playable insturments and it would be really wicked to record them into Logic without any external patching.

The program is designed to be a live instrument, it's part of Logic Studio, and I really think a lot of people would benifet from having these two applications integrated together that tightly.

I know this isn't an 'apple' forum... just putting this out there for disussion.

David.. feel free to move this to the 'New Feature Suggestion' setion if you think it should be there (not that you need any permission from me :) )

Luke

I don't know if I should post this here or in the new feature setion but here goes.

I really think it would be nice to be able to use Mainstage as bus input and be able to record the audio into logic on an audio track.

You get all these great sound and instrument options, and can creat amazing playable insturments and it would be really wicked to record them into Logic without any external patching.

The program is designed to be a live instrument, it's part of Logic Studio, and I really think a lot of people would benifet from having these two applications integrated together that tightly.

I know this isn't an 'apple' forum... just putting this out there for disussion.

David.. feel free to move this to the 'New Feature Suggestion' setion if you think it should be there (not that you need any permission from me :) )

Luke

You can use Soundflower (free from Cycling 74) to output the audio from MainStage, then in Logic you can select Soundflower as the input.

In order to use Soundflower & your I/O concurrently, you will need to use AMS to create an aggregate device.