Saving a Sampler Instrument - "Save with audio data" bug

keyboardist1

In Mainstage 3.5 and 3.5.1, when using either the "Save As" or "Save A Copy As" in the plug-in Settings pop-up menu, manual states that at the bottom of the dialog box there should be a “Save with audio data” checkbox to duplicate the samples and place them in a folder named after the Sampler setting file. It appears that this functionality is NOT present in 3.5 or 3.5.1. I can confirm this option works as expected in Logic Pro 10.6 and 10.6.1. I thought the 3.5.1 update would have surely fixed this. Can anyone else confirm this?

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to bump this topic due to no responses. If you are a Logic Pro and MainStage user and use Sampler, I'd kindly ask if you might try doing a "save as" for a Sampler instrument in both Logic Pro and MainStage. When using Sampler in Logic Pro (10.6.1), the expected behavior on a "save as" command gives you a checkbox at the bottom of the dialog box to "save with audio data". When I attempt this same process in MainStage, the "save with audio data" checkbox does NOT appear although the MainStage 3.5.1 Instruments Manual states that it should. I'm just hoping that at least one person can check this and verify that it is a bug, or at least incorrectly stated in the manual.

984677306_ScreenShot2020-12-27at9_23_09AM.thumb.jpg.26994c1b904aa706593227bb5f216d20.jpg

• 4 months later...

I had this same problem so did some digging around, and actually the answer is quite simple. I had created a new Sampler channel strip with a couple of zones to trigger some long running sound effects. BUT I'd not saved the Sampler Instrument. It was still set to Factory Default - so it worked fine as long as the files were still on the Desktop, but when I did a consolidate it didn't pull them in.

When I dug into the concert file I could see that my new instrument did not have an entry in "Sampler Instruments" with corresponding samples in "Samples", so I saved the Sample preset and then saved the concert with all the consolidate checkboxes ticked and it worked.

Have fun!