How to assign expression pedal via sustain output

ms54321

Hi, I have a Roland FP-30 digital piano and am using it with Mainstage.

I have a Boss EV30 expression pedal connected to the Pedal output of the FP-30, but Mainstage will only pick this up as a sustain pedal (with a very short range counting up from 0-127 when the pedal is used around the halfway mark).

It looks like the FP-30's pedal output is only a Sustain output, but is there a way to make Mainstage use the full range of this pedal as an expression pedal, rather than just a short range when about halfway pressed.

Thanks

The main problem here will probably be that the output from the FP-30 will still occur only around the halfway mark. So even if it is somehow is possible to scale it to expression and the full range in Mainstage it will be very awkward to use because this will not change how the actual data is sent.

My suggestion would be to look either into one of "MIDI Solutions" offers (I think they have a pedal-to-MIDI converter) or to get another MIDI keyboard with an input for an expression pedal.