Loopback plugin in Aux channel behaviour?

thirdspace

Hi all - I have been struggling with this for weeks and have finally found what appears to be the answer - but not one I understand so any help would be great! I have a Loopback plugin in an Aux channel and wish to control it with an external foot pedal via MainStage. Mapping MainStage controls in the standard way to controls on the plugin I have found that when LoopBack is in an Aux channel, the Record and Play/Stop functions will not work unless the Aux channel is receiving some Send level from an audio channel. If the send is switched off or is set to zero when the Concert is opened - it won't work. The Record/Play buttons flash on and off on the plugin. As soon as the send is switched on, or is on but then turned up from 0dB to literally anything - off it goes, and continues working for the rest of the time the Concert is open.

This of course doesn't happen if Loopback is inserted in the Audio channel itself, presumably as it is automatically receiving some signal through the channel.

Is this a known behaviour for this plug-in? And if so is there some secret setting somewhere that controls this or do I just need to remember to always start with some level reaching the plug-in if it is in an Aux channel?

Or is it a bug?

Many thanks :)