Mainstage Mac Mini Host

jcbmusic

Hello,

I'm currently running G5 host with Logic 8 and have 6 mac minis running various parts of the orchestra.

We are currently running plogue as our VST host and it's working great. We have one machine that we'd like to include MainStage on as the host so that we can use separate verbs without having to purchase another profire or any other hardware.

Unfortunately, MainStage won't run on the mini because of the graphics card not recognizing a certain resolution... when I attach a DVI display... it works fine... but we access all the minis through remote desktop and don't really want to buy displays to leave hooked up in a machine room just taking up space... so i've left a DVI adaptor in the MINI to try and "fool" it... but that is prooving unsuccessful....

If no one has a solution or suggestion for this... i'm hoping this can find it's way to apple and something can be done about it.

Thanks all,

-Jake

Unfortunately, MainStage won't run on the mini because of the graphics card not recognizing a certain resolution... when I attach a DVI display... it works fine...

Wow, that is an interesting idea. I've read reports about Mac Mini's working fine with MainStage, so I assume you are talking about PowerPC Mac Minis?

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I'm currently running G5 host with Logic 8 and have 6 mac minis running various parts of the orchestra.

We are currently running plogue as our VST host and it's working great. We have one machine that we'd like to include MainStage on as the host so that we can use separate verbs without having to purchase another profire or any other hardware.

Unfortunately, MainStage won't run on the mini because of the graphics card not recognizing a certain resolution... when I attach a DVI display... it works fine... but we access all the minis through remote desktop and don't really want to buy displays to leave hooked up in a machine room just taking up space... so i've left a DVI adaptor in the MINI to try and "fool" it... but that is prooving unsuccessful....

If no one has a solution or suggestion for this... i'm hoping this can find it's way to apple and something can be done about it.

Thanks all,

-Jake

Why not just do it all in Logic Pro 8?

What about MainStage is specifically useful for what you are doing?