Buggy bug bugger mainstage

swade518

1. while playing exs instruments (perhaps others i havent done a complete test), the cpu surges (as per the meter up top) and sound stops for a moment...nuttin..the program does not even have the courtesy to pop and click first.

2. when an organ set up is loaded, my midi is received as per the lil midi input window up top as well as the animation of the keyboard in the mainstage window, but no sound...iffin i press one of the keys with my mouse....sound on.

3.when turning the various knobs, pedals etc, everything seems really slow and clunky, as well as the the track meters have that this thing is about to stall looka bout them...jittery would describe it.

4. logic 8 is running fine with a ton of instruments and plug ins...

5. my feeling is that the program is simply really buggy at the moment for some of our set ups...but seems promising...i can hardly wait.

1. exs randomly stops playing samples. is this because of a cpu spike? i dunno, but its scarin the pants off me.

2. once i turn a knob all the way clockwise, sometimes it doesnt come back counter clockwise. also, real clanky and unpredictable.

3. if i ever dont have my soundcard plugged in, it forgets the keyboard assignments once its plugged back in.

4. "stop/play" function is useless as it wont follow set tempo changes (or any tempo change at all)

:evil:

yeah, I've noticed the same thing. and I've upped the Ram to 3 gigs,,,,,, very little change in CPU, although memory usage is better

I hate to say it, Mainstage is great, but is just not good enough to replace my environment setup..... What a drag. I don't know why they even put this out yet. Too many bugs that need to be addressed.

:evil:

yeah i know. its really too bad cos i love mainstage, but for sampling, its rubbish. great for keyboard players though. needs of sampling musicians haaave to be addressed, as well as all the little buggy things that go on. i swear i have to reprogram my setup nearly every week, and im really scared that im going to show up to a gig and have mainstage forget my controller. i just dont need to deal with that.

in the hopes that someone developing mainstage will see this: i NEEED a global sequencer!!!!!!! that stop/play bs is not good enough.

Loads of problems with Mainstage here too - the guy I look after in a touring band is using a brand new MacBook Pro with maxed out RAM, and every night at least one thing goes wrong. Most problems are to do with the EXS24 deciding not to play sounds - also some very strange pedal behaviour and unpredictable freezing. Also I got this error:

"A Plug-In seems to cause problems running in Multi Processor (Multi Threading) mode.

(EXS24)"

Restarting always helps, but that's not much good when you're in the middle of a gig or a live radio session. I will keep checking back on this forum and hopefully one day the problems will be ironed out. Until then, we're going to stop using Mainstage, which is a real shame because if it worked properly it would be perfect for us.

Loads of problems with Mainstage here too - the guy I look after in a touring band is using a brand new MacBook Pro with maxed out RAM, and every night at least one thing goes wrong. Most problems are to do with the EXS24 deciding not to play sounds - also some very strange pedal behaviour and unpredictable freezing. Also I got this error:

"A Plug-In seems to cause problems running in Multi Processor (Multi Threading) mode.

(EXS24)"

Restarting always helps, but that's not much good when you're in the middle of a gig or a live radio session. I will keep checking back on this forum and hopefully one day the problems will be ironed out. Until then, we're going to stop using Mainstage, which is a real shame because if it worked properly it would be perfect for us.

Hi Kids,

I've been using a Macbook 2.0, 2gig with Mainstage and I notice that it's stability changes depending on the type of gig and the venue. On jazz gigs with a lower volume level there are little or no problems (of course one is too many) but on higher spl fusion gigs, it sometimes stops working all together when I make a program change that requires a lot af infoand I have to restare. Very unnerving. Maybe it has to do with the low frequencies messin' with the hard drive. Any ideas.

Also, does anyone have any better solution to the Mini plug and USB cable situation.The only thing I've come up with to keep them in their place is gaffers tape. Very ugly.

same here, mbp, 2 gig. Never could perform more than about 8 songs without having to reboot. Suddenly stops playing.

It seems that the crashes occur mostly when switching to a patch with lots of sounds and splitted keyboard.

Could not figure out which plugin/effect causes this.

Anybody tried to turn off one CPU ?