Mainstage in Leopard

lrizzo2001

• 1 month later...
Has anybody else noticed logic and mainstage running slower on Leopard than Tiger??

I'm running on a new intel imac 24" with 3 gigs of ram

I haven't noticed any differences here. I've got a Mac Book Pro 17'. What machine are you using?

Also, maybe I should ask what exactly is sluggish? concert-load-times? controls?

controllers are sluggish, sometimes I'll click a fader and raise it and it takes a second or two to catch up, or even things like simply adjusting the bar that separates the patches from the properties on the left side to view more properties will be a little slow.

I'm running on an intel 24" imac with 3 gigs of ram

controllers are sluggish, sometimes I'll click a fader and raise it and it takes a second or two to catch up, or even things like simply adjusting the bar that separates the patches from the properties on the left side to view more properties will be a little slow.

I'm running on an intel 24" imac with 3 gigs of ram

I haven't used MainStage on an iMac. I have a few friends using MS other systems and so far, none have complained about sluggishness. Did you download 10.5.1 update? Maybe they updated the video card drivers.

yep everything updated. I did a clean install of Tiger on an external firewire drive and installed logic from scratch again, and it runs just fine there. I blew out the imac a couple of months ago and did a clean install of leopard and logic and it still runs pretty slugish.

The only other thing I can think of but would find it hard to believe it would be the reason is that I upgraded one of the 1 gig chips to a 2 gig chip and no longer have matched pairs as before. I can't see this being the problem but I'm a reformed PC guy, so I don't know how things responde in macs too well.

yep everything updated. I did a clean install of Tiger on an external firewire drive and installed logic from scratch again, and it runs just fine there. I blew out the imac a couple of months ago and did a clean install of leopard and logic and it still runs pretty slugish.

The only other thing I can think of but would find it hard to believe it would be the reason is that I upgraded one of the 1 gig chips to a 2 gig chip and no longer have matched pairs as before. I can't see this being the problem but I'm a reformed PC guy, so I don't know how things responde in macs too well.

Sounds like the Leopard video card driver is not performing as well as the Tiger driver. That's unfortunate because I don't think I could go back to Tiger after using Leopard for the past months.