GTRplayers, What interface and foot control would you...

mikeebruno

GTRplayers, What interface and foot control would you recommend me ?

I'm planning to use mainstage 2 with amp designer and I need very low latency and tone transparent interface for live guitar playing.

What model ...

And, as a foot controller, I need a very complete control over patches, tap tempo, expression pedal(2), FX on/off and knob tweaking...the most advanced midi foot controller.

What model ?

and is that possible to have a midi controller plugged in a usb port as if the interface would not have the midi support ?

thanks

GTRplayers, What interface and foot control would you recommend me ?

I'm planning to use mainstage 2 with amp designer and I need very low latency and tone transparent interface for live guitar playing.

What model ...

And, as a foot controller, I need a very complete control over patches, tap tempo, expression pedal(2), FX on/off and knob tweaking...the most advanced midi foot controller.

What model ?

and is that possible to have a midi controller plugged in a usb port as if the interface would not have the midi support ?

thanks

Isn't that why they made the GIO?

As I said, I need a complete control over my presets, so this will exclude de GIO

for sure... this is not a pro gear for touring at all... I realy looked at it, I've red about it and ... very sorry, this is not for me.

thanks

I have used the FCB1010. I have total control over any thing I set up in mainstage. There is a way to set up the 'stompbox' mode so the LED indicator will show if the effect is on/off. I don't have or use mine that way.

However, it is a midi only device but can be used with a Midisport (or any midi to usb converter).

I have been sticking to a dedicated floor processor because I sometimes need to set the Main Stage I/O buffer up to the point where latency almost becomes a delay setting. I am worried that if the comp got hosed, I am S.O.L.

Go figure cuz I am currently using MS as my Keyboard canvas in a band. I still get nervous about it and keep considering getting a real set of keys.

MS and/or the FCB hasn't failed me yet, but I am nervous about it.

I don't think there is the one controller out there yet. I checked out the Gio at NAMM and I think it's very good at what it does, but it doesn't do everything you'll need (as you've obviously discovered).

I've spent a bit of time playing with MainStage, and I don't think one controller can do it all. I'll probably end up with the GIO and another (or two?) MIDI controllers - possibly a Korg Nano or? I'm not a fan of knobs on the floor - I've always gone for rack mount effects or placed device(s) on a table.

Regarding an audio interface, the Apogee One or Duet could work for you. Might also look at Presonus Audio Box USB. Converters are supposed to be good, has MIDI in/out, can't comment about latency.

You probably shouldn't need MIDI ports if your devices use USB, which I think everything does now.

I figure you will have to search around - I'd like to know what you find that will work for you.