multiple midi channels- why won't this work

evanbrass

Hi guys,

I have an axiom 49 that I'm trying to use with mainstage. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the drum pads to play ONLY one channelstrip. I set-up the keyboard in layout mode to be "channel 1" and I added some drum pads, and set them to be channel 10 (which is what I see they are sending anyway)

then I go to edit mode and select channel strip 1 (suitcase piano) to be the keyboard. I go to midi input and select axiom49, and channel 1.

then I go to channel strip 2 (drums) and select midi input, and go to axiom49 (the only other option is none) and select channel 10.

when I play my midi controller, it plays the keyboard parts fine, but when I hit the drum pads it ALWAYS plays the dang suitcase piano along with the drums.

----Edit----- So I just found out, I just gotta drag in another keyboard in layout mode, and then set the channel there, sorry to bug everyone!

I can't figure this out, and even watch tutorials, and I'm pretty sure I'm doing what they are doing???

I also plugged in my Korg Padcontrol to transmit midi channel 10 (just to test it) and it's the same thing-

So, to sum up. All I wanna to do is play channel strip 1 with the "keys" of my axiom and play channel strip 2 with the drumpads of the axiom.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, i think i figured it out, just dont have no midi controller with drum pads, but i did everything you tried and got the same result.

make sure your keyboard layout is set to midi channel 1 and not 1 to 16

check your drum pad and set it to channel 10

edit mode:

add a sound to your keyboard

add a ultrabeat channel strip and choose midi input axiom, rename it to DRUMS

select drumpad nº1, on the screan control inspector go to unmapped

select the DRUMS, now select Midi notes, choose correct notes

That's it!

Have fun with Mainstage! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...