Nord E3: VB3 draw bars work backward

Chuck Hasley

I have mapped Main Stage to respond to my Nord E3.

When I go to concert view to play the VB3 the draw bars work backward.

Additionally, I have to hit the V/C button and the Leslie speed button two or three times to get a midi change.

Can someone help me fix this?

The MacPro tutorials don't seem to have this info.

Thanks

Chuck

The draw bar graphics work fine but the volume is opposite of how a DB works. It's full volume when pushed in all the way and completely off when pulled out,

The switches work fine in layout mode but when I switch to edit or layout everything changes. I made sure the assign button was lit so it would record the moves. I tried all the different options and sometimes it reverts back to absolute by itself.

Very confusing.

I read where there is a midi learn function for the NE/Nord but so far I can't seem to find that option.

Is that an option that only comes with Logic? It's addressed in the Main Stage manual.

Thanks

Chuck

Trying to understand your drawbar question...

The drawbars work with your mapping - you move your physical slider up and the drawbar moves up, but the the volume is inverted?

I ask as it's also possible to have the action of the drawbars opposite of the controller. If this is the case, check the Invert Parameter Range box in the channel strip editor mapping area. It's also possible inverting other values there may work.

Also, is the VB3 the MainStage Organ (actually called the EVB3 - just want tot make sure).

Anyway, it works here as you would think it would - drawbar volume is louder as you extend the drawbar. In the Layout mode the type defaulted to absolute.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...
Don't know how far you've gotten on this, but I've been helping client with VB3 and the reversed drawbar problem was solved in the layout mode screen control inspector. In the Appearance area there is an Invert Display check box.

This is an OLD post ;-) but maybe you´re still there.

I´m having problems with this as well...

But in layout, there is no option to change anything in for the smart controls...

The only option to do what you suggest is to add the 9drwabars screen control and then yes, you can access to the "invert display". Buth then, you have the smart control for the B3 instrument plus another complete 9 drawbars on the screen, right?

Or I am forgeting something???

THANKS