Mainstage 2.2.2 CPU overloads when using 32Bit AU Bridge

Atlas007

Since updated to Mainstage v.2.2.2 (from v.2.17), I experience CPU overload almost instantly when instantiating a 32bit AU plugin (via the 32bit AudioUnit Bridge). That problem does not occur when a 64bit version similar plugin is used!? :(

Anyone else experiences the same problem?

Any idea how to resolve or circumvent this issue, besides running Mainstage in 32Bit mode?

Yeah, I had the same thing happen to me trying to bridge SooperLooper. Mainstage quit whenever it tried to load the plugin. I had to fall back to 32bit Mainstage if I wanted to host SL. This was on a MacBok Pro 13, 2.26GHz and 8 GB RAM. Acceptable specs, I'd think.

The bridge doesn't come "free", the translation from 64-bit to 32-bit does cost some CPU power.

Understandably, but in version 2.17 (or previous ones) there was no such issue.

I remember very well that I could load several 32bit plugins with Fxs in the channel strips without causing immediate CPU overloads turning red on the readout... And I had a full concert of different keyboards setup loaded.

Now with v.2.2.2, with a clean new empty concert (without even any controls yet), with only one channestrip, the audio pref set at the minimum (1024 samples and buffer safety On), just the fact to instantiate a single 32bit plugin (which ever brand/type) in Mainstage (64bit mode) automatically turns the CPU overload to red and crackles the sound when/if I can play it few single notes!

Is there an easy way to revert to previous version (2.17)?

Any caveat in proceeding in that way?

Is this possible to have both version (2.17 and 2.2.2) on my MBPro? So I could eventually update to a corrected version (2.2.3... when available), since I already paid extra for it; and use in the meantime a working version (2.17)...

Some plugins use their own threading which might conflict with the new multithreading in MS 2.2, e.g. in Kontakt you can now turn off the Kontakt specific Threading.

You mean 2.1.3. There was never a 2.1.7.

I think you are right, re: v.2.1.3?

Re: the threading feature in Kontact: does that v.5 new feature, or is also in v.4?