Notation and scoring questions

For some reason, when I am using the score window and am in linear view, using treble and base clefs, the treble clef is crowded at the top and although all the notes appear, it is somewhat truncated at the top of the treble clef. I'm note sure why this is happening but would like to know how to allow more space at the top. Thanks!

1805335704_ScreenShot2016-05-22at2_24_58PM.thumb.png.ce1db3788b17fea6b473d5942a711d9d.png

This is probably happening because the Staff Style's top-space parameter for the treble staff is set too low. Two ways to fix this...

1. Switch to Page View, grab the treble clef and drag it down. This will create more space at the top. Then return to linear view.

=OR=

2. As illustrated below, open the Staff Style Editor, select the staff style (if it's not already selected) and increase the top-spacing value for the treble staff.

Before:

before.png.ba865331296ac4d9ddb8d5c2615efb06.png

After:

after.png.2078479da602e2043910f2fa38bf208c.png

Thanks for your suggestion, Ski. I did what you suggested, opened up the Staff style window, increased the space above the treble clef, and then closed the staff style window. But somehow my change reverted back to the original number as if I had not made any change in the top margin at all. Can't figure it out and would appreciate any suggestions you could offer!

• 2 weeks later...

Some other values in Score editor need to hit you need to hit 'Return' when done, just typing them in and moving somewhere cursor somewhere else, doesn't 'ENTER" them in..

I make a orchestra score, and change a fair amount of values.. I have found the above to be the case in entering space above/below staffs, and size of figures..