Drummer help needed with song ending.

Hello there,

I am not a drummer so I end up using drum plugins for all my songs.There are plenty of loops to choose from & edit but I have not come across a drum loop for a Rock song ending.I am looking for an ending like that of a heavy metal crash ending towards the end of a song played live,where the tempo slows down & finally all end with a bang.( I guess you know what I mean).Is there any drummer who can send me a midi or wav loop of such an ending so i could use on my CD. The CD production is for a mission work among Indian churches.

Thanks in advance.

A few non-drummer thoughts . . .

(1) At the end of the song, you can automate the Tempo so that the song literally "slows down," and MIDI-loops should automatically follow that. (Note that everything will "automatically follow that," so you might have to re-edit some of your existing material in that section if you have already composed it.)

(2) Having done that, you might then be able to engineer your own satisfying ending by editing the (originally loop-sourced) section. Remove notes, perhaps double some of them and slightly-shift them to create a double-hit or "flam," and boost the velocity on the final cymbal crash(es). Consider adding reverb to the (cymbal) track, and automate it being turned wide-open.

Grab some commercial sound-recording that has the effect that you want, slice out the particular time-section that contains the power-ending that you want, and paste it in as a normally-muted reference track. Then, fiddle with your own phrase until it fairly-matches. You can simulate decent performances of many "instruments that you don't know how to play" by being a mime.

• 4 weeks later...

I would use Drummer.

Program your tempo ritardando in the global tempo track.

Set the Fill knobs all the way up.

Set the puck all the way to loud and complex.

Resize the region to add an extra beat at the end (so you can hear that last crash on the last downbeat).

Click the action wheel in the drummer editor and choose to keep settings when changing drummers.

Experiment with various drummers, drum kits, and positions for the kick & snare sliders.

... "and, y'know, at the end of the day, you just might have to perform(!!) it. 8)

You can, for example, let a Drummer "get algorithmically close to" what you have in mind. But then, you just might have to grab whatever the Drummer came up with and ... "fiddle with it." Put your own "performance" in there, built using the tools of the digital computer.

Yes, for a few short phrases, "you might be 'The Drummer.'"

"The performance," that the audience will finally hear on the track ... is ... "truly yours." Go ahead. Jump.

Great ideas but lotsa work :) .These type of endings were so very popular during the days of metal.I am so surprised that with all those drum plugs & midi packs out there,I haven't come across a ready made one ! I sure hope we find some kind drummer here !