Following Audio-Synced Orchestral Scores on an iPad or Mac

I'm looking into "Notezilla," which is essentially the answer to my quest for a program that will follow an orchestral score as it plays an actual recording of the music. But the change log for Notezilla seems to have stopped over two years ago, and I can find no overview of its complete library offering -- just the demos. I'm wondering if this program has been surpassed.

I'd also like to know if the forum members are aware of a specific program that allows the user to sync his own PDF score pages to a recording -- essentially timing the page turns, allowing forward, pause and reverse.

Plowman My Old Friend.....:)

Yes - I use Forscore - absolutely fantastic package ( costs $5 or $9 ) they keep adding features - It does everything including automatic page turning sync'd to the pages of a score..... Want a demo... ? "You know I'll do it"..

Send me a real orchestral score with an audio file.... I will do a demo with actually stuff you have....

I use the above on an iPad pro, using a bluetooth pedal - Have 8000 compositions on it, easy to make set lists, do annotations, email scores, arrangements - you can even have a conductors iPad sync to all players.

It is my second favorite program - ( I think you know what my first one is.....:) )

When I was typing this question, I thought, "I could post at LPH, or just email Volovicg or ski...." Thanks as always.

I watched an hour's worth of Forscore tutorials, and they did not mention sync to pre-existing audio or the importing of audio files. But it was a performer's overview, highlighting the program as a substitute for a music stand. To not be audio-import-able and page-sync-turn-able would be too conspicuous an oversight, so it must be there.

No demo needed. The endorsement is enough. My current iPad is so Neanderthal, it won't run Forscore (iPad 1 -- makes a great alarm clock). Thus, iPad Pro purchase first, then the score reader.

There is another program called "KR Author" which more directly joins an MP3 to a PDF score. It also runs on a desktop. But I can see by my research and your lead that Forscore has the lion's share of the market. In fact, this afternoon at the Apple store, I saw that "Forscore" was pre-loaded on the iPad Pro with its own demo.

I read you here all the time. Thanks for your many posts.