This is a result

Scary and heartbreaking to say the least that after 12 hours, so far, nobody anywhere has liked my song. Such a sick feeling after spending that much time on it and not getting anyone to even like it. The worst part is knowing how much more money you owe on gear as payment plans and your music isn't justifying anything for the price. If there is a god, he is bull. 

https://www.reverbnation.com/ryanharvey6

I quite-candidly don't quite know what to make of the apparent fact that you judge it to be "sickening and heartbreaking" that ... "after 12 (gasp!) hours" ... no one has "liked" your song.

Do you have any idea how many songs are "uploaded (to wherever ...)" e-v-e-r-y day?

"Okay, then, let's do the math."  Your song is "no more and no less than" any one of the others, and, no more (but also, no less ...) likely to "get noticed."

Music-business marketers have understood these same odds since the beginning of time.  Therefore, "get some sleep!"  Tomorrow is another day.

Don't feel bad. Look at other posts,  Very few comments on songs uploaded.  Perhaps because too many people do different music, they don't care about music that is not in their vein of interest.. I find some music here, that is really not to my taste, and I really don't know how to comment.. And people here do not seem to appreciate what I upload.  In the music business, you really have to develop a thick skin..  Don't let anyones, negative comments or lack of comments discourage you..  If anyone does take the time to comment, take what they say into consideration, does any of it ring true?..  Sometimes we get so involved in 'our' music, we don't have time for anyone elses.. 

Do not take it as a personal attack.  Look for different sites to upload too.. There are some sites, where you will be more appreciated.. and if your lucky enough, to find some one who comments on your stuff, listen carefully to what they say, see if there is anything you can learn.. 

A meaningless 'great job' does very little to help you grow, although acknowledgement feels great.  Very few sites offer that anymore..  Don't know if it is indifference, jealousy, difficulty on the part of others to pay a compliment to some one else..   I had a 'so called friend' like that. He would never acknowledge anything I did, otherwise then to offer 'remix' it, which meant him basically throwing away 95% of what I did, and totally making it his own..  I quickly learned not to bother showing him any work I'd done.  

I listened to our pieces.. They are not bad.. Not exactly to my taste.  But it is a legitimate genre..

The most obvious thing to me was eq and mastering.. The songs kind of sound like they were band passed.. or almost like you you put a microphone to the speakers.. 

I would like to hear deeper lows, and brighter hi's..  I would closely listen to artists you like or wasn to emulate..

I hear a bit of Marilyn Mansion (who I do like)  Lay one of his tracks into your piece and A/B yours and the commercial release. Find all the videos and articles you can find..  It doesn't take long to begin to make music, but it can take the rest of your career.. If you can find folks to collaborate with do it.   I have always learnt something from other talented musicians..  It makes you step back and re-evaluate..  I lay down tracks and then listen endlessly to them.. and after the 20th listen, I realize I can often get the point across better. 

Often when we work on a song, we get caught up in the music, and sometimes take it too far in one direction..  

Be patient and keep creating..  I think you are off to a good start.. You have a style that is your own.. Don't get discourage..  Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.. And although some one may off advice with the best of intentions, ultimately it is up to to to decide if it's right for you..  If you get a lot of similar comments, then maybe you should pay attention to it..   

I went on a quest for several months to see how long I could make a chord progression before it got too boring.. That experiment was not appreciated much, (as far as likable music). However I learned a great deal.   Don't get discouraged.

I guess that I come from a generation of people that didn't grow up with "the expectation of immediate affirmation," because the technology to do such a thing did not yet exist.  (We were all too busy inventing it ...)  When you were an artist, or an artisan, you labored on your craft to strive to produce the very best thing that you could.  Certainly you collaborated (or at least, commiserated) with your fellow craftsmen whenever you could.  But it was always understood to be a very solitary thing:  "You versus six strings."  "You versus eighty-eight keys."  Or, "you versus a stunning panel of knobs, switches, and sliders in a place that was charging by the hour minute, and that machine just ate your precious tape."

Seriously:  if today you approach "music" with the expectation of immediate affirmation – or, hell, with the expectation of "affirmation at all" – I believe that you are setting yourself up for an extremely dis-heartening "fall."  But, a "fall" that you don't deserve.  These expectations are unrealistic, and they are also unfair ... to you.  Therefore, do not indulge in them.

I am fond of the phrase, slightly altered here:  "Do what you love, and the <<...>> will follow.  Maybe."

You have the gift of creating Music.  Furthermore, you have the extraordinary and unprecedented gift of being able to share it ... with the Planet.  No one before you could have, in their very wildest dreams, considered such a thing.  But:  "focus on what you can do:  creating, sharing, and constantly perfecting your Craft."  Strive to produce the very best thing that you can for your audience, even if that audience never comes.  (Because, in fact, very likely "it will come, just not at your schedule.")

You'll pay for your gear, eventually.  (Trust me on this: we all spend way too much money on "stuff!")  

Meanwhile:  it's sitting there, as is ReverbNation.  Waiting for ... you.

Get busy.  Again.