Creating a bassline synth/wobble

Hi,

I'm very new to logic but I've been watching video tutorials so I'm to starting to get to grips with everything. One thing in which I can't find any video tutorials on, is how to create a bassline synth/wobble. As I'm very new to production I'm not even sure if I'm using the correct terminology, the sounds I'm referring to are after the drops on these songs:

Apologies for the brief question, like I said it's because I'm new to music production, but any help would be much appreciated!

It would probably do well for you to provide specific ranges of time, ± a couple of seconds, that we should listen-to in these various tracks, in order to zero-in on exactly what it is that you are referring to. "After the drop" is not precise enough (to me).  And there are simply too-many competing sounds in these tracks for me to guess which one you're referring to.

However – I would hazard a guess that "wobble" might refer to the "modulation" channel that is a fairly-standard part of most synth patches, as controlled by a fairly-standard wheel on most synth controllers. In Logic, you can most-certainly take such an input, and do with it whatever you like . . . 

• 3 weeks later...

Listening to the first two tracks you've posted, I think what you're referring to is the way the bass sound has a kind of "wob-wob-wob" sound to it, In which case I think the way it's been achieved here is to have a slow attack on a low-pass filter cutoff in the instrument. So when you hit a key, the sound morphs from only low frequencies to the full spectrum of the sample in about a quarter of a second, giving a "waa" sound. Keep repeating the note (or play a series of different notes) and you get the classic wob-wob-wob sound.

In instruments like the EXS24 you can map one of the ADSR envelopes to the filter cutoff, and then adjust the attack so that it's slow enough to give you the desired sound. The more resonance you set on the filter, the more pronounced the "wob" will be.

Hope that helps!