Ambient logic pro x

• 5 months later...

I'm primarily a classic rock person, but I wanted to delve into music creation on Logic and ambient is really pulling me in. I've been checking out some ambient artists and finding a whole new musical world to explore.

While I've been a lurker here for a few years, I'm starting to pay more attention to what people are discussing as I try to get a grip on creating music in Logic. I'm also working my way through a general Logic/Songwriting course on Udemy.

This was my first ambient idea which started from a chord progression on my guitar and played quite a bit faster. But I enjoy it more now as a keyboard piece for the chord sequence. Nothing fancy and just a first attempt, but it got me from "thinking" about creating music and actually doing something.

• 2 years later...

Mine is a loose definition of ambient, it's more me thinking of "Where does this sounds like it comes from" ,. but I have really started to like using sound from old radio plays and movies--there are thousands available on podcasts, some from the 1940s and even 30's.

When you combine trad instruments like drums and guitars, plus synthesizer stuff, then something from almost 100 years earlier it really triggers some kind of re-evaluation of "Where does this sound I hear come from?" I just use tiny snippets, just enough to trigger the recalculation. 2 at the most in each song, which are pretty boring post rock actually otherwise lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job. Anytime you expand your musical creativity with Logic it’s rewarding.

I have some musician friends who compose tv and movie ambient music for mid-tier and independent movie producers. Once you get in, it can be lucrative. There’s a lot more production houses with Amazon, Netflix, Crave, Apple and other streaming services all making their own content or buying shows from independents.