"Transfer" a free improvisation into notation, need advice

Friends,

I have done music, a quite long piece, for a large chamber orchestra. For the most I have used the piano as the reference sound, and my goal was to create what would be a form of an acoustical "particello": all music ideas are there, but it is not yet orchestrated/notated. (example of written particello would be: http://www.omifacsimiles.com/brochures/images/debussy_pre.jpg

The facts:

1. all recorded improvisations are totally free (free of tempo, measures, beats...)

2. the tempo in LPX is fixed at q=120

3. the time signature in LPX is fixed at 4/4

4. this whole pre-material I wish to print out prior orchestrating/notating

5. the final orchestration/notation process is done on paper with pencil

Now, as it is the "rawest" material possible, I want to solve the problem of quantisation and beats, not necessarily solving it just in LPX. Perhaps I could print the cluttered score as it is and than manually go through the material.

I am thinking if there is any approach to make this process easier. For instance, quick phrases or ornaments usually appear as a cluster when opened in Finale, or even in the LPX score editor. Somehow it is easier to understand the MIDI editor than notation.

Some thoughts, but not tested:

1. print out the MIDI editor (piano roll) as it is;

2. Print out the LPX Score as it is;

3. doubling the length of the notes in order to get more clear notation output

4. Acoustically/audibly deciphering the tempo&beats, than using printed 1. and 2. with ruler translate it into notation (on paper w/pencil).

5. Working in LPX to fix tediously each tempo/beat/measure/time.signature change (=quantisation), to get more correct notation output.

6. ANY OTHER IDEAS THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE, even the crazy one - please shoot! :)

Many thanks.

Notating rubato material, usually require some timeline grid adjustment, which Beat Mapping could be useful.

If you are using the latest Logic version (10.4.1), getting acquainted with the new Smart Tempo is recommended. Also using the File Tempo editor could do that work in a more efficient way, I believe.

However to use same would require that you bounce-in-place the recorded MIDI material, since the Tempo editor deals only with audio material.