Does anyone know how this Pad was created on this Instrumental?!

skeetboy40

It may be better (for the getting of replies) to link directly to an already uploaded sound (like on YouTube or Soundcloud or similar), and not to make us having to download it from whatever source that may or may not be trusted and that may or may not contain hidden malware or somesuch.

Secondly I don't hear any pad in there, only a mellow lead sound. Pads do chords, not melodies.

You start all friendly and complimentary, then you turn all spoilt and impatient and interpunctionless - not really nice. You are not asking something simple.

This sound sounds like it may be monophonic, it has detuned and octaved oscillators (maybe even pitch EG's that are different on the two octaved oscillators) and portamento programmed in plus some reverb added, and you could possibly find it, or similar, between the Alchemy presets. Since I think it was created with either a wavetable or an additive synth, it is not easy to provide a recipe. But if I were you I'd find a sound with a similar basic timbre and then add a second oscillator (if it isn't already there), detune it, maybe apply some subtle pitch EG and then you will probably have something like it - or something different that you like better (which is the best way to go about these things - unless you want to be a boring unoriginal carbon copier). But I am not going to browse my Alchemy presets for you - I might have done without that second post. But for now, this is what you have to work with. You see, there are different times all around the globe.

Or you can strike it lucky and find it as a preset in any synth.

It may be better (for the getting of replies) to link directly to an already uploaded sound (like on YouTube or Soundcloud or similar), and not to make us having to download it from whatever source that may or may not be trusted and that may or may not contain hidden malware or somesuch.

Secondly I don't hear any pad in there, only a mellow lead sound. Pads do chords, not melodies.

You start all friendly and complimentary, then you turn all spoilt and impatient and interpunctionless - not really nice. You are not asking something simple.

This sound sounds like it may be monophonic, it has detuned and octaved oscillators (maybe even pitch EG's that are different on the two octaved oscillators) and portamento programmed in plus some reverb added, and you could possibly find it, or similar, between the Alchemy presets. Since I think it was created with either a wavetable or an additive synth, it is not easy to provide a recipe. But if I were you I'd find a sound with a similar basic timbre and then add a second oscillator (if it isn't already there), detune it, maybe apply some subtle pitch EG and then you will probably have something like it - or something different that you like better (which is the best way to go about these things - unless you want to be a boring unoriginal carbon copier). But I am not going to browse my Alchemy presets for you - I might have done without that second post. But for now, this is what you have to work with. You see, there are different times all around the globe.

Or you can strike it lucky and find it as a preset in any synth.

Thank you for your response! I appreciate the effort you put in your post and it's valuable for me. I had to upload this file myself because there is no original instrumental of that song on any free website, only remakes. I couldn't figure out how to upload the file on the forum itself though. I thought that maybe because of that unknown source you don't take my post seriously and I was right I guess. I didn't mean to act impatient and all that.

I'll just take that piece of advice and do it better on my next post !

That's OK, I guess - just be aware that asking how to recreate a sound often doesn't get many replies, since that kind of thing is pretty hard to just write down in a couple of sentences (unless it is a very simple sound) - hell, if I were to attempt recreating that sound you linked to, I am not sure I would succeed at all - and if I would, it would be via lots of trial and error, and not from the kind of knowledge I'd memorize in words - I'd just rummage in presets until I encountered something that came close-ish, and then muddle on by detuning things, or even by trying out pitch bending, or setting a synth to either legato or mono mode or both or not at all, or abandoning the sound alltogether (as I said, don't be a doggedly "monkey see, monkey do" copycat kind of synth-parrot... the best thing is always to try for yourself (and don 't neglect the manual of any synth!), maybe get close but not quite close enough, listen with concentration, and pinpoint the thing that you are not able to capture, and ask about that specific thing - synths these days have gazillions of parameters who can all be linked to eachother in gazillions times gazillions kind of different ways, I mean, rocket science combined with brain surgery is way easier than programming synths, or designing new and evocative sounds... so, yeah, impatience is a bad thing to have if you want to do that - I mean, you can go through a lot of options in twelve hours, and you might learn hundreds of things whilst doing that; or you might not achieve anything in that time, and go to sleep completely frustrated - that is all part of it.