Text and song title disappear in score editor

Hi...

I've created sheet music using using the score editor, for about 20 songs. I am finding that the song title and text (eg the copyright text) is "disappearing", for every part in each file. Lyrics are not affected.

This seems to happen on all of the tracks in an affected file - not just one of the tracks. This is happening on multiple files, so I'm pretty sure it isn't a corrupted file. The best I can figure out is that when I add an audio track to an existing file, for whatever reason, the song name and copyright info are auto-deleted, or auto-hidden somehow.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy, and the work to re-add this text is absolutely huge.

Much appreciated, Randall

Yes I am looking at it in page view mode. There is no title or text (other than lyrics) in any view. I must have looked in about 50 google articles, and still nothing. The only thing that appears to be the case is that it is "Global Text" is what seems to have been deleted.

• 4 weeks later...

I landed on this thread because I have the same problem. I've only come across this problem recently, so I suspect it's a bug in one of the new Logic versions. I'm on 10.4.6.

Same here, no changing of score prefs, no deleting of header or footer etc. Suddenly, after some editing, all that text disappears.

It's very annoying, as it's not easy to re-instate all the info that I normally have in the score header and footer: Song title, composer, date, file name etc.

Is there a way to avoid this?

• 1 month later...

Text is tied to a certain instrument track and a position. If you later decide to enter more tracks at the top of the score, the track with text gets pushed down, and text appears to be lost.. When you first enter text. there will be a little dotted line showing you.

If this happens, look at event list on right side of main melody, shut off display to noes, CC's etc, you will then see the text. My fast and dirty way to fix is delete, and retype making sure it is tied to the top instrument track. Perhaps, cut and paste work also, never tried.

The score editor is VERY old code, not much has been done to it, because of it's complexity. It is not as elegantly written as new code. However if you take the time to figure out it's secrets. It is quite flexible. And contrary to opinion is is used by a fair amount of composers to make charts for sessions. Really formal scores of course use Sibelious or Finale. They are the most powerful. But many people are content to use Logic for quick making of charts

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This has annoyed me for years but I've just worked out the problem/ fix:

HOW NOT TO LOSE THE SCORE TITLE IN LOGIC PRO:

Fundamentally, NEVER drag the left-hand edge of a region towards the front of the song, only ever the right-hand edge towards the end of the song.

(Unless you can think of a reason this might be useful it certainly seems to be a bug!)

If you need to re-size a region towards the front of the song (rather than move the whole thing);

- Leave the region where it is

- With the Pencil tool create a blank region (bar) where you want the extended region to start

- Glue the two regions together

A bit of a faf but it's a fix!

....And anyone needing a beautiful string arrangement, hit me up at http://www.stringarranger.co.uk ;)