Manual adjustment to ties

yarbs

Hey all,

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I can't find anything on this. As far as I know there is no way to manually adjust the appearance of ties in the score editor, but need to find a solution to the following. In this piano score, I need this last C sharp note to appear as below, tied across the bar.

kfOUVyg.jpg

Problem is, whenever I put the E below into the correct staff/hand, the score automatically assumes I am not holding the C sharp, but moving off of it onto the E:

cC2sT3z.jpg

Score is currently set to piano 1/3; I know I could fix this by changing to a different layout but it would mean redoing the entire score (which seems like overkill for the sake of one tie). Anybody got any theories?

How did you manage to create the top picture layout? That is possibly your solution, isn't?

I guess that to obtain your second picture layout, you change the E's MIDI channel to make it appear as pertaining to the top staff. Once there, to make it show as a C#, simply drag that (low) E up to transpose it up to C#.

Not quite - I need both of those notes in there. I’m not trying to change the E to anything. One note starts before the bar line (c sharp) and is held by the little finger, and the next note comes in on the beat (E) — played with the thumb and also held. Both need to appear on the top staff.

The only reason the C sharp is correct in the top picture is because I moved the E off that staff to show what I needed. As soon as I move it back, it defaults to the second picture

• 4 weeks later...

Try this, yarbs, in the staff styles box, change your piano style to 2/3 — add a voice to the treble staff. Then at the far right side of that voices window, make sure that all your voices have different channel numbers, 1 through 5. Then assign the treble notes to channels 1 and 2. Make sure "no overlap" is not checked in the region inspector.

It would be the same thing for the bass notes if you need them to overlap. Setting up quick keys to assign channels to notes would make this easy to do after you set up your 1 through 5 channels in the staff styles editor. Otherwise, you would have to go into the events list and change the note channels there.

1918090676_ADDAVOICE.thumb.png.4c30cc48df5c7ad7efd4df84f4f17a97.png