Recording on those musical devices that come in Christmas cards?

KleinDing

Hey hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with getting custom recordings on those sound module device type-thingies that are used in those cheesy musical Christmas cards. You know, the ones that play a little tune when you open them. I would love to be able to record on a bunch of them, specifically someone speaking, saying something, and have it work in the same way as in the cards; that they activate when you open a page. My idea is to make a book with them. But I'm finding it hard to find where I can buy exactly what I am looking for (hopefully in bulk, and on the cheaper side) and knowing how to use them.

If anyone has any experience with this, or knows someone who could help, it would be much much appreciated!

Much love,

Finya

I assume you mean something by this but I do not find what I am looking for. There's load of sites listing wav sample files, of course, but that is not what I am looking for. I also did find one of those devices to record on, but they cost about 16 bucks a piece. I am looking for at least 25 or something; they must be cheap somewhere, right? Those christmas cards aren't all that expensive either... Did you find anything else with those terms?

I appreciate the effort, but I am looking for someone who can help me do this on my own. This co-operation is making profit off of this by offering it built into the cards; which I don't need. I am looking for the devices themselves and someone who can teach me how to record on them and where to get the devices in bulk somehow; I don't need the cards.

These things are built in China. Be prepared to buy 10.000+ off the factory, then you might get a reasonably cheap price. Also these things are not recorders, they don't have any circuitry to record. The sound (or what's left of it after it's shredded down to 4kHz @4bit) comes from an EPROM chip that has got the sound file loaded on a special machine which might cost more than your car (depending on your car).

By the way - is that you ?

If so, well done and greetings to your dad...