first tenori-on album

el-bo

check out www.normanfairbanks.com

this is the first album (7 days microsleep) to be recorded using a tenori-on....ONLY

apparently it's all realtime and using the stock preset sounds......

:shock:

haven't listened in it's entirety, but i am blown away already...would love to get my hands on one of these......

shows real promise for the future of music software interaction

also, check out www.createdigitalmusic.com/tag/mac/ for other interesting vids...like i need another excuse to buy a wii

happy christmas and merry merry to you and yours....and peace to users of all the different DAW's........even sonar :)

• 1 month later...

This might be a daft thing to say, but... don't you think the Tenori-On sounds Japanese? The actual texture of the patches seem to lend themselves to oriental/eastern flavours. It just sounds like Japan! Heh.

I like the music on that site. It's crazy to think that the T-O was used as the sole production source...

Earlier this week I watched a video on youtube of someone using the tenori on, but it wasnt anywhere as near as musical as Norman Fiarbanks site.

It looked really fun, this girl was just pressing buttons. But the repetitive sounds got abit annoying. After watching that I had the impression it would be a really fun cool instrument to use but perhaps not essential.

However after listening to Fairbank that has proved me wrong as it sounds lovely. And I can imagine after putting own samples it could produce really good tracks.

• 2 months later...