Opinions on Modern Pop Electronica?

Hi,

I don't follow mainstream music much, so i don't know what Mainstream Pop Electronica is anymore.

Do you have any examples?

A

I was mainly leaning towards the relatively new 'dubstep' trend- very loud, distorted timbres made from FM, wavetables, ring modulation, etc– except little to no regards for dynamic. It's all sandwiched into a limiter (the famed artist Skrillex himself said he used to run his tunes into iZotope's Maximizer as the extent of his mastering') The sounds aren't what you'd expect to become popular. Do you like how the global community has become more accepting of experimental synthesis, or disappointed in the disregard for any engineering aspects of the tunes?

A very typical 128 BPM, 4:4 style has also arisen where plenty of songs sound alike- there's a very laptop-y quality to it, seemingly mandatory pitch-bend bridges, plenty of noise sweeps and 'perfected' overly-sweetened vocals. What are your opinions on tracks like the following, which have become a staple of the 'EDM' sound?