About MainStage?

I read that you like to use MainStage for some of your live work.

How do you use MainStage with your external hardware? Do you route everything through the ADDA thus being able to process everything trough MainStage as mixer, or do you use it more as a separate synth/device with loops and backing tracks?

Do you use the Apollo with MainStage live or do you have another solution?

Do you have some kind of redundancy if MainStage crashes?

Maybe you could post a screen shot of a MainStage concert? That would be very interesting to analyse.

Thanks,

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Eric,

sorry for the late reply.

I use Mainstage as a mixer, basically: depending on my configuration i run synths, guitar and bass through it and use it for FX also.

I run a few VIs in it occasionally. At the moment i am using Madrona Labs' Aalto with its Soundplane controller, ESM and EXS24.

I usually have a Ground Control Pro by Voodoo Lab to switch patches and two assignable expression pedals for various tasks, song dependent (could be a reverb send, a channel strip volume, etc).

I do get crashes occasionally, but i'd say they're mostly due to specific 3rd party plug ins.

I am in the final rehearsal stretch with How To Destroy Angels, so i'll try to post a screen cap of my Mainstage session with them as soon as i get a spare moment !

A

Bongiorno Alessandro! :D

I use Mainstage as a mixer, basically: depending on my configuration i run synths, guitar and bass through it and use it for FX also.

I run a few VIs in it occasionally. At the moment i am using Madrona Labs' Aalto with its Soundplane controller, ESM and EXS24.

I usually have a Ground Control Pro by Voodoo Lab to switch patches and two assignable expression pedals for various tasks, song dependent (could be a reverb send, a channel strip volume, etc).

Great, that gives my some kind of picture of how you like to work. Very cool that you like to use the Soundplane controller.

I do get crashes occasionally, but i'd say they're mostly due to specific 3rd party plug ins.

How do manage this live? Do you have some kind of hardware mixer enabling you to switch from MainStage and out directly?

Or do you just make it a "part of the show" when it occasionally happens?

I am in the final rehearsal stretch with How To Destroy Angels, so i'll try to post a screen cap of my Mainstage session with them as soon as i get a spare moment !

That would be awesome. Thanks for doing this.

/Eric