Technically.. is there 1 of your pieces you favor

Good question...and difficult.

I'd have to say "Everything Ends Here" from my first instrumental EP , blindoldfreak -1.

It is a simple piece, recorded live, with mistakes and all. Once I recorded it (in a hotel room in Canada, I believe) I realized for the first time that I didn't have to add anything, fix anything nor edit anything. For the first time I realized that a message can be delivered through a piece of music that it isn't necessarily polished nor formatted.

Since then I try to convey as much as possible on every take or recording, in hopes of not having to spend too much time on it and losing interest or spontaneity.

A.

Your response is timely, as we have been having this discussion on another thread, regarding, lets say, overperfection v.s. the moment.

I'm a moment fan, but thought perhaps it because I have a tendency to want to move on.

I will listen carefully to your piece, and I thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

Well I just spent some time listening to the version on Soundcloud. This would be my introduction to this piece, and once again on the path I am on, what a timely introduction it is.

I have been bound by a kind of traditional song set. So to first become aware of the simplicity of the piece, and because of the way you let it slowly develop, in a sense masking the technical subtleties which are so understated, and how you somehow resisted embellishment. But there are strong contrasts. Its like a slow waltz through Chiaroscuro.

I kept looking at the waveform, and wondering how it would end.

Now I think it ended the only way it could.

I shall be listening to this again. Many times.

Good question...and difficult.

I'd have to say "Everything Ends Here" from my first instrumental EP , blindoldfreak -1.

MHz used to be my favorite song of yours, but ever since I got the 1 EP, it's been Everything Ends Here. You're right in that it's simple and to the point, but it's profound and it evokes raw emotion. It reminds me of Brian Eno's The Big Ship from Another Green World, my favorite Eno piece. I could listen to that song on repeat for an hour and never get bored, as I can with Everything Ends Here.