Starting from scratch

Thanks for the answers of the previous questions!

When you begin a new project whats the first thing you tend to write? Do you pick up a guitar or synth for example and just play a simple melody or do you mostly start with the drum beat as a backbone for your composition or do you try to draw some other influence to begin your projects?

Maybe you tend to already have an idea for a track before you even look at logic, how is this process for you? Also what happens then if something isn't working, do you keep bashing at it until it does work or do you just move on from that idea?

Hi,

It really depends, but more often than not the spark comes from using an electronic instrument of sorts.

It could be a modular synth, a drum machine or a sampler...I tend to play around until something comes.

I usually don't get to Logic until I have a pretty good idea of how the composition is going to evolve.

I am using logic more as a tape recorder these days...not much during the creative process but mostly for mixing and recording.

A.