Logic and the rest

Hello Everyone,

As someone who has never used Logic Pro X, I’m getting the feeling that no other DAW can match the effectiveness for creating realistic orchestral music as Logic.

I have tried Abelton, Protool First, cakewalk, Studiio One, Mixcraft 8, which I’ve been using for three years, and Bitwig, and from what I read, see and hear, Logic is a mile in front of the others.

I write orchestral and film music, and mostly, I do this in Sibelius, and I feel that with Note Performer, and a few tweaks in a DAW, I can get the best sound possible, outside of using Logic, but, am I right?

All the composition courses in our major universities here in Australia are only using Logic, and Pro Tools. All the Pro film composers I talk to here, they are using Logic. So, it kind of looks like I am crazy not to be using Logic.

After using DAWs since Notator in the mid 1980s, I can’t see a better DAW for orchestral music than Logic, am I right?

Cheers

Rob

I just spent a week working with Digital Performer. I wasn’t impressed, and the main reason was the crazy small font in the GUI. I wear glasses and couldn’t see the text and couldn’t find a way to change it, plus it was not as intuitive as Logic seems to be or as Mixcraft is.

• 4 weeks later...

Digital Perfomer has CHUNKS.

I would *kill* for Logic to have chunks.

anyway, most orchestral guys i know use Cubase. I'm a classically trained composer but rarely do mockups, and I hate cubase.

With new Articulations and whatnot logic got the only thing that IMO cubase had that was better.

• 5 months later...