microtuning

I am interested in learning about just intonation and microtonal composition.

So far I have been using the EXS24, tuning individual samples according to the cent charts in Parch's "Genesis of a Music", but it is rather time consuming and can only be done one sound at a time.

I am looking for a software synth that is compatible with the Scala tuning software that I can use with Logic on Mac OSX (I still have an OS9 partition if necessary). I have had good results with Scala and a DX7.

Does anyone know of any pitch-bend templates in order to play Logic's virtual instruments in real time with just intonation?

I would be grateful for any advice anyone might have to offer.

cheers,

Alex

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do, so I'm not sure if this will help or not, but are you aware that you can create your own tuning presets and then chose one for the whole song in File>Song Settings>Tuning...?

Hope that helped...

I mean working with scales that are different from the traditional western 12-tone equal teperament scale, as found on the piano. There are scales that split the octave differently from our tradional scale, ie quarter tones, 43 tone just intonation, 17 tone arabic scales etc.

check out:

http://www.microtonal.org

http://www.xs4all.nl/~huygensf/scala/

I will try the song settings approach, that could be heading in the right direction.

Thanks,

alex