Logic Pro 11 Soon????

itssofly

• 1 month later...

I have no idea, but my initial reaction to your question was not one of excitement for 11, but dread. "What horrible and needless UI changes will they make?" "How much time will I spend on having to relearn what I already know how to do." It wasn't always like this. For decades I used to approach any Apple upgrade as Christmas morning. Now what do we get? Flat design and the touchbar. The disaster of Final Cut Pro X taking the app from being used by half in Hollywood and production to almost nothing. A friend works for NFL films, they completely dumped FCP after the "upgrade."

The glory years are fading fast. Keep these clueless execs and hipster designs away from Logic!

I have no idea, but my initial reaction to your question was not one of excitement for 11, but dread. "What horrible and needless UI changes will they make?" "How much time will I spend on having to relearn what I already know how to do." It wasn't always like this. For decades I used to approach any Apple upgrade as Christmas morning. Now what do we get? Flat design and the touchbar. The disaster of Final Cut Pro X taking the app from being used by half in Hollywood and production to almost nothing. A friend works for NFL films, they completely dumped FCP after the "upgrade."

The glory years are fading fast. Keep these clueless execs and hipster designs away from Logic!

I was so excited. I am happy about the new sidechain option and more features.  But when I saw the Interface I thought noooo what they do. It's really bad, the flat design,the bad icons, they are so ugly the icons and the text is so blurry and so flat.

Only what we can do is send a feedback to the Logic Team and wait for a update. :cry: 

• 4 weeks later...

This is not opinion. Well established pioneers in human computer interaction agree Apple has lost it's way in usability and is now confusing visual design with usability and interaction. 

https://www.fastcodesign.com/3053406/how-apple-is-giving-design-a-bad-name

http://www.jnd.org/dn.mss/apples_products_are.html

http://www.idgconnect.com/abstract/10261/design-guru-don-norman-slams-apple-ease-disservice

Well, I disagree. My opinion is the new direction Logic took In 10.3 is very welcomed. it matters not to me what established pioneers in human computer interaction design say, if I like, that's all that matters to me. If others don't, there are many other options

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
To be honest the new design doesn't bother me when i work at all. Its largely the same. The change is not as drastic as one would think, it just blends with the rest of OS and apps better. I'm a tad sick of skeumorphism in audio anyway, I wish they'd gave us a "flat" smart controls preset.