Screen capture that works with audio interface?

deke

So many people post video tutorials online (on Logic and other DAWS) and they seem to handle audio from a mic and the DAW just fine.

I have Screenflow and it seems to fail here. Plenty of complaints on their forum about it, so I guess I am not alone.

Can anyone please recommend a better screen video capture app - one that in some way acknowledges the existence of USB interfaces? :-) I don't mind paying.

It's not for music exactly, but I would like to capture screen video with audio including any audio from a mic (or 2,3 or 4 mics) via the USB interface, the computer (Logic, iTunes... whatever) and internal Mac sounds (such as speech, Siri...).

• 2 weeks later...

OBS is my favourite, and it's free, and you can set up tons of different screen modes/splits/views etc.

https://obsproject.com

Depending on how you want to set things up, you may also need soundflower too, which lets you route audio internally between apps.  But depends on how you want to do things really.

I've heard screen flow was pretty good, so it must be something you're doing wrong as your needs don't sound too complicated to me?

• 3 weeks later...
I just use QuickTime with sound flower and a pair of Bose quiet comforts that have a mic built in. Works quite well. Seems complicated to explain. But if your interested I'll post a quick video on how set it up. Took me a while to figure it out. I had to piece info together I found online. Took a while to get it right. But it's actually very simple and free. Not sure if it would work with an audio interface. But I don't see why not. I have one so I could try if your interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to both of you. I kind of gave up on this post, to apologies for getting back late. 

There are quite a few complaints on this issue in the ScreenFlow support forums, but I foolishly did not think about using Soundflower. I'll give that a shot. 

• 2 years later...
Do you want to record video with audio? I used QuickTime, but I think it has limited features. So now I often use Joyoshare Screen Recorder to record Ted talks from computer. To be honest, this tool is very powerful. It can record video and audio at the same time as long as you turn on the system voice. In addition, you can also record voiceover by turning on microphone sound. You can set the recording options and output formats according to your needs in advance. if you really want to record with high quality, it is helpful for you. :D

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...