Likes button on Forum Posts?

Hi David, Moderators and everyone else...  

This may have been discussed before but I am curious as to why there are no 'like' buttons available on posts? 

I read a lot of things that dont necessarily relate to areas of Logic that I use but I still really enjoy reading them and learning from them. And often feel the need to express appreciation without actually adding to post traffic. 

An option to 'like' posts would  encourage/reward posters who share their knowledge?  

Ideally I would like the poster to know that I personally  'liked' their post ( like Facebook) - or - to have an option for the 'liker'  in personal preferences to make their 'like' anonymous should they choose. 

I dont think we need to go as far as the Apple Logic Discussion group with fish of different colours and points which show the 'wealth' of a particular high volume expert contributor .. but just a general 'like' button ( and no thumbs down dislike button!) would be great IMHO

Just sayin'  :) 

Music Spirit

Because of the relatively technical and rarefied focus of this particular forum, I am not persuaded that "likes" would be a particularly useful feature.  The people who frequent here (present company excluded) know what they are talking about – one of them literally "wrote the book on it."  They don't need "likes" to prove it.

And one more thing – may there never be dislikes ... downvoting.  No forum feature, IMHO, destroys a forum more quickly than this.