Udemy LPX Courses: Tomas George vs Rob Mayzes

Hi All! You don't me, but I've reading all of your post obsessively for a couple months. :P My fiancée and I are dedicating our free time to learning music production and I'm currently focussed on a deep dive into Logic Pro. We don't have any expectations other than to enjoy the journey. Luckily, I've been a programmer for 20+ years, so a lot of elements of music and Logic Pro are very logical. But I don't want to pretend I know something I don't, so I want to cut my teeth with one of the 15 hour courses on Udemy.

Has anyone take one or both of them, or can vouch for or against the teachers of the two main courses? The price is the same (cheap... too cheap?), but 15 hours of my time is valuable, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

V

Hi David, thank you for the quick reply. I apologize if I stepped on any toes with my question.

I'm actually about a third of way through your book via my Safari Books Online subscription, which is how I found this site when I googled your name :). I want to approach it both ways since I tend to learn different elements better on each platform.

Thanks!

V

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Rob's course is extensive, and his friendly yet to the point teaching style is very good. This course is a must see for anyone wanting to know how to get the most out of Logic PRO X you will improve your skills. You will be able to create great sounding music. If it's outside your budget you can check his free resources on Logic at this tutorial: https://www.musicianonamission.com/logic-pro-tutorial/