PSA: Pace and iLok sucks

Ploki

I never buy any Pace software anymore.

I have Pro Tools that I only use on my external spare SSD macOS installation, because i wont install anything Pace related on my main system.

Screw you Pace, i hope you guys go out of business for good, i hate you and your malware copy protection with all my heart.

And companies that utilise Pace: screw you too, i'm gonna give my money to competition.

What happened?

nothing one of my favorite plugs just switched to Pace and I'm trying to avoid it at all costs since it never did anything good to any of my systems.

It installs itself everywhere like cancer, looks like some wierd thing from the 90s and you always need to work cautiously with it.

Now i'm going to be forced into it and i'm pretty pissed about it.

What happened?

nothing one of my favorite plugs just switched to Pace and I'm trying to avoid it at all costs since it never did anything good to any of my systems.

It installs itself everywhere like cancer, looks like some wierd thing from the 90s and you always need to work cautiously with it.

I did not have had issue with it yet. However, I agree with you that it does add an uncertainty layer into a music production system. I also agree with you that a software company coercing customer's use of same, without alternative is abusive. But is it really Pace/iLok to blame here?

I did not have had issue with it yet. However, I agree with you that it does add an uncertainty layer into a music production system. I also agree with you that a software company coercing customer's use of same, without alternative is abusive. But is it really Pace/iLok to blame here?

No, i did sent a support to them, they say they're gonna support old method of authentication for the time being, but i made pretty clear i'm pissed about being forced into ilok.