“Bug” in Mojave (all versions thus far)

tonysan

Hi everyone

Regarding all mac users thinking of updating or already using Mojave. The OS works great, except of this: if you have as a screensaver the itunes artwork, and you press the play button on any of your cd covers, itunes opens but music doesn’t play.. it’s not related to Logic, but thought to share my discoveries since it is related to music in general. Thanks!

P.S. I have also posted this on the official apple forum with other users experiencing the same issue. If someone speaks with Apple please spread the word, as Mojave is perfect otherwise. Much appreciated!

You should immediately submit this to https://support.apple.com, in whatever category or categories that you deem appropriate. (Logic Pro X is under "Pro Apps.")

I can tell you from having been on the inside (for a little while) that these reports go more-or-less directly into Apple's internal issue-reporting system, and that there are dedicated staff-members who every day curate these lists and send them to the appropriate departments.

Yup, as someone who used to collate and score such data using database queries, it's really important that you pick the correct categories and put clear keywords in your submission as they are grouped in such a manner to help identify the most commonly grouped tags/keywords.

I hate to think of the data which Apple have to process, we were having to keyword tag far FAR less actiivity, so god knows what they do to filter through it all and subsequently identify areas of immediate interest, it's an uphill battle.

Good thing about Apple is that majority of engineers and staff are dedicated to using the products themselves so 9 times out of 10 you can guarantee one of them have experienced an issue firsthand.

Apple uses both keyword-driven classification (of course) and human(!) "curators." These people actually read the incoming stream of support requests, annotate them and make sure they arrive at the proper department(s). It's their full-time job.

Apple's so-called RADAR system – which they use for everything – is very sophisticated, and they've actually got posters in the hallways which say: "Put it on the RADAR!"

When you post to the support web-site that I mentioned, the text of your message will arrive, very directly, on RADAR, and it will get to the proper set(s) of eyes. Therefore, take the time to be as detailed as you can be. (Version numbers of the software, information from – or a screen-shot of – "About This Mac," and so on.) Because the first thing they're going to do is to try to reproduce the problem. They've got rooms full of hardware on which they do this. Tech-support at Apple is very serious business.

Your computer also records detailed crash data and other statistics: the Console utility will show you some of this. Your computer can be set to send these to Apple automatically. Nothing of a confidential nature is included, but it helps to tell the technicians exactly what happened. These, if you voluntarily elect to make them available – and it is your choice to do so – also wind up attached to RADAR incidents. (iPhones have the same capability.)

So far as I am aware, "OpenRadar" has no connection to Apple's RADAR. I don't know if they follow it or not.

If you want to be _sure_ that Apple sees it, use Apple's support pages. (And, I see that "OpenRadar" says the same, so I'm really not quite sure what this site is actually for.)

When i was part of the apple developer program we would submit to RADAR, but in turn be told by other devs (Some apple) to submit to Open Radar too as it's more transparent.. Basically, Because we'd not hear anything from apple for 18 months, and even then it'd be a crappy response like "No". Or the report would be closed for no reason, and diving through the dev pages and ORadar you'd find out it was due to a duplicate - but had no way of viewing the report which also supposedly mirrored yours.

So Open Radar existed for devs to reference their provided refs and brief description to bring transparency for for one another. I understand Apple aren't transparent in any way due to security reasons (i.e. could expose a breach) but having a request closed out with no explanation and no idea of importance was frustrating.

In the end we just stopped submitting cause it was a waste of time, big black hole, and what use is a "No" reply 18 months later when new OS's are being utilised anyway. So annoying, particularly for myself as i wanted to do more work within Xcode and Apple frameworks, but eventually everything got moved to universal apps because of such annoyances.

This was before you could self sign without a dev account and needed to be a paid up member, so god knows what the dev areas are like now, probably a lot more noise to filter through i imagine.

• 2 weeks later...