Do you use Superduper for cloning your HDD?

If you do, can you tell me if the version of Superduper I bought in 2013 for my Snow Leopard Macbook Pro v 5.3 (2009) can be used today to clone my 2009 HDD to a 2019 SSD which I want to replace that HDD with? The Superduper website appears to have not been updated since 2009 so I have not tried to go there for an answer. Any help you can provide will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Jordi. Good point - it was missing some detail. What I want to do is to replace my MBP HDD with an SSD and I have been reading that I need to clone the HDD to the SSD. I have not done this before and I read that you can use Superduper to clone but I only used Superduper once about six years ago for backup and I have no idea how to use it for cloning. I just looked again at Superduper website and even downloaded their 60 page guide but nowhere do I see the words ‘clone’ or ‘cloning’, so perhaps the advice was wrong? I can see instructions on a website on how to clone with Carbon Copy Cloner, but not for Superduper, even though it is mentioned. Can you point me to a Superduper instruction cloning manual please?

Hi,

You can clone with SuperDuper for sure, very easily too.

All you need to do is set the source and destination drives and make sure you're using the "Backup - all files" script (which should be already set by default).

To make sure you end up with a bootable clone of the source disk, make sure you set the Options > General > During copy option to "Erase destination disk, then copy files from source"

I just looked again at SuperDuper website and even downloaded their 60 page guide but nowhere do I see the words ‘clone’ or ‘cloning’

I just peeked in the user guide and the word "clone" is in there all over the place?

Anyway, if you do the very simple steps I mentioned above you will end up with a bootable clone of your drive.

One more thing to keep in mind though: File System Format. You may need to format your SSD to a mac format before you clone to it.

J.