Sharing stream without download??

Howdy folks,

I've just finished my third album and am in the process of sharing it with a handful of folks who will be working on the album art, pr, etc... I made the mistake once before of just giving a dropbox link and found that one of the folks had file-sharing software on their computer which automatically shared my brand new masters. I am wondering if anyone knows a service which will make a playlist that is not downloadable and is very safe? Soundcloud has a bad reputation for having files getting hacked. I looked into this and found a site called Box.com, but it seems a little bit pricy. Also, I don't know if it has a good reputation. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Fredo

Thank you, Atlas007. Yes of course it can be recorded and shared, but somebody would have to go out of their way to do that. The point is, my friend who shared my files before did so entirely by accident. I would like less chances of that happening. Do you know of any service for streaming, or better yet, password-protecting a streaming playlist?

The problem with sending files to people (password protected or not) is they may not be as careful with them as I would be. Again, I had sent my files to a bunch of folks asking them not to give them out. The person who accidentally leaked them didn't mean it. They had stored my files in a folder which some file-sharing software had access to. I just want to avoid any accidents like that at all costs.

I made the mistake once before of just giving a dropbox link and found that one of the folks had file-sharing software on their computer which automatically shared my brand new masters. I am wondering if anyone knows a service which will make a playlist that is not downloadable and is very safe?

Dropbox can be set to prevent the recipient downloading the file. I also came across an app specifically designed for our needs. I haven't tried it as yet but I think it fulfils your requirements: https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/production-expert-1/2019/4/5/online-audio-collaboration-redefined-gone-are-the-days-of-using-several-third-party-services-for-delivering-your-mixes-to-clients

Thanks so much! I will check out that link now! I have found that Dropbox playback is quite subpar - lots of high eq artifacts come in, but WORSE is Soundcloud! The quality is so denigrated!

I made the mistake once before of just giving a dropbox link and found that one of the folks had file-sharing software on their computer which automatically shared my brand new masters. I am wondering if anyone knows a service which will make a playlist that is not downloadable and is very safe?

Dropbox can be set to prevent the recipient downloading the file. I also came across an app specifically designed for our needs. I haven't tried it as yet but I think it fulfils your requirements: https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/production-expert-1/2019/4/5/online-audio-collaboration-redefined-gone-are-the-days-of-using-several-third-party-services-for-delivering-your-mixes-to-clients