How do I 'Quote' a section/sections of a previous post in a thread?

Cobalt19

Hi. Others on this Forum seem to be able to quote specific sections of previous posts at will, and paste them into their replies just where they want to.

How do I do that? I see no instructions ( I have looked).

I can Click the Quotation marks in someone's previous post in the thread and it starts a new reply from me but it quotes ALL of their post, which is not the same thing. It is bugging me big time not knowing how to do it - please can you tell me?

You put the quoted text inside bracketed tags, like this:

[quote]This is a quote[/quote]

[quote="A Person"]And this is a quote from a person[/quote]

Which results in this:-

This is a quote

And this is a quote from a person

So you have to break it up manually to answer to each section and use the preview button to preview your reply before submitting it.

i.e.:-

[quote="Cobalt19"]How do I do that? I see no instructions ( I have looked).[/quote]
This is how you do it

Which looks like this:-

How do I do that? I see no instructions ( I have looked).

This is how you do it

Wow, thanks for laying out those examples for meHow do you know how to do that? How do other people know how to do this? It is so specific!

Anyway - I am grateful.

So I need to manually type in some brackets and stuff in the right places from what you have said. Where does the ‘Code: Select All’ text come from in your examples above, and what does it mean please?

Sorry - on ipad at moment and cannot fly new IoS text editing gestures (they are not accurate).

Your help is appreciated. I will try the above quote process when back on the PC

If you use the full editor when replying you can select an area of text, press the quote (") button and it will encapsulate the text for you.

Whether that's any quicker is subjective of course and depends if you're using a tablet or computer of course.

...well, amazing. I really was not expecting that quote button to work. I have been typing the phrase ‘

’ out manually for a day or so!