Do I need an interface to import old logic and bounce stems ?

I have an older logic sessions made on an older system with different plugins...and settings . I already tried to import to new logic and it don’t work. I have the old set up EXCEPT for the the interface which was FireWire . I do have a interface which is usb . The old system was a g5 with os 10.4.8 and Logic 7.2.3.

I just wanna import the sessions to the old computer and bounce stems ....no interface or will the usb interface function...?

Please step back and ... start from the beginning ... please try to provide us all with full technical details.

For instance: "Firewire," vs. "USB," strictly describes the physical interface which allows the computer to "talk" to an external drive.

Right now, "I think that you're crashing headlong into a (probably, quite solvable ...) situation that you simply don't yet understand." Sure, okay, we've all been there. :) Please just step back from the physical situation and try your best to describe it. Can you find the project-files from the old computer?

"For the moment, stop trying to solve the problem. Just describe it. In excruciating detail."

Thank you. Sorry yeah it wasn’t described well. I had an older system minus the FireWire interface I used to record with.

I solved the issue just now literally by plugging in a audiobox that doesn’t require drivers . Most of the sounds we’re recorded at 44.1 or 48k sample rates which the audiobox does. There are a few songs at 96k sample rate and I haven’t attempted to load those sessions up and bounce the stems. I think I’ll be able to export the stems ok because I’m not actually recording. The only reason I needed the interface was to hear some tracks and make sure they are the tracks I need indeed for the export ...idk appreciate the response very much!!!!