Recording yourself playing drums and/or percussion

I don't have a question, and in fact, I don't have much worthwhile to say, other than, recording yourself playing drums and then editing your tracks is probably the worst kind of torture known to humankind. I start out with what I think is a pretty damn good take. Just one little thing needs to be fixed. Hours later I've torn the tracks apart, only to sit back and realize that it sounded better before I started editing! I'll realize I've been through so many edits with certain sections that it's easier to grab the original file and start over than stepping through a long sequence of undos.

It's a lesson I keep having to learn over and over. "Perfection" really isn't that great!

OK, rant over...thanks for listening. I need to get back to work editing several tracks of hand clapping against my own drumming...

"Yeah, rant over." :D

Especially in "these modern days and times," when we have unlimited tracks and no concerns about "union scale," and especially when we're dealing with audio tracks, it's very easy to plunge into "the canyon of diminishing returns."

To fail to realize: "the FISI = ' :mrgreen: it, ship it' " moment ... the point at which the best thing we can do is to put shrink-wrap around it and shove the damned thing out the door. :D