Questions and concerns about Apple online trade in value

I've got a MB Pro that I want to trade in for a new one purchased online. I've been given a trade in value for it. I was honest and answered all the questions correctly but they did not ask if all the Thunderbolt ports worked or if there was a problem with the 3.5 mm headphone jack or if the shift key was working :?. If they receive it and find out there are issues such as these will they lower the value and price adjust it (charge me more) or are they "locked" in?. Again, they did not ask about specifics, only hardware....

I've got a MB Pro that I want to trade in for a new one purchased online. I've been given a trade in value for it. I was honest and answered all the questions correctly but they did not ask if all the Thunderbolt ports worked or if there was a problem with the 3.5 mm headphone jack or if the shift key was working :?. If they receive it and find out there are issues such as these will they lower the value and price adjust it (charge me more) or are they "locked" in?. Again, they did not ask about specifics, only hardware....

Of course, "the value of an asset is merely 'what a [particular ...] willing buyer will pay to a willing seller." And, since the asset being sold is both one-of-a-kind and as-represented by the seller, you should not expect "Kelly Blue Book.™"

The willing-seller will ask whatever questions he wishes, and based on this [might] name a take-it or-leave-it price. Yes, it might well be less than you expected – but the buyer, not only is "taking a risk," but is "preparing to profit."

"The asset in question" both "belongs to you" and is "sight unseen."

I've traded in 3 devices so far. It was a good experience.

*Trade-in values vary based on the condition, year, and configuration of your trade-in device, and may also vary between online and in-store trade-in. You must be at least 18 years old. Apple or its trade-in partners reserve the right to refuse or limit any trade-in transaction for any reason. In-store trade-in requires presentation of a valid, government-issued photo ID (local law may require saving this information). Additional terms from Apple or Apple’s trade-in partners may apply.

Even if you suspect that the retailer is offering you a "token 'trade-in' value" to keep you from taking your business someplace else – "take it, whatever it is, and be happy."

The US Internal Revenue Service now allows computer equipment to be depreciated-off in one year. I think they've finally come to understand that the stuff really doesn't have any "residual value." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law makes it very-quickly worthless.