There are times when Apple gets it so wrong......

Rebeka

But there are times that Apple gets it so right too!

I'm not a huge fan of some of Apple's policies and at times their approach to Customer service, especially concerning technical questions.. can be a little odd to say the least...

However...

Last weekend, a client of mine went to his nearest Apple store (A round trip journey of some 275 miles..) to pick up a Verizon 32GB iPad 2 but found they had sold out...and only had AT&T iPads left. Because AT&T doesn't provide service in his locale he returned home empty handed

He called me yesterday and reluctantly asked me to help him order the iPad he wanted online as he had been unable to find the model he wanted anywhere else, within traveling distance. He accepted he wouldn't get it in time for Christmas so we ordered it together via TeamViewer and that was that. The estimated delivery time was between the 27th Dec and 3rd Jan and overnight shipping was not an option because of where he lives (BFE in the Highlands Mountain region of North Carolina)

mobdro kodi

This morning at 11am, Fedex delivered his iPad to him!

I guess Apple really pulled out the stops to get iPads out to everyone in time for Christmas... even though they are totally unaware of his situation...

That is what I call great customer service...

Thank you Apple...

Edited by Rebeka

That's awesome. Good to hear you and your client got lucky. Happy things do happen once in a while, it's good to make note of it. It's funny, I've gotten used to users signing up to post about mostly issues and challenges, so it's refreshing that you took the time to sign up to post about a good experience. Keeps things in balance! :D Thank you for doing that.

I buy all of my Apple equipment online ... usually frequenting the "refurbished equipment" section of their site. I find their retail stores to be "noisy and irritating" – and, totally unnecessary.

Just order whatever you need, and in a couple days it'll arrive in "a thoroughly anonymous-looking" cardboard box. Right to your door. (Yes, you'll pay sales tax.)

• 2 weeks later...