Hey there! Introducing myself

Hey there.

I'm Tom. I'm new to these parts and it's nice to meet everyone. I'm a piano player (for the past 28 years) playing mostly in Southern Gospel groups here in the US and church. I was permanently disable a number of years back. So I thought, as a way to keep my mind sharp (2 strokes) and my music chops up, I'd learn something about home recording. I don't sing (man I wish I did) but my wife and kids all sing like birds... you know, actually sing - not like the FUN takes on American Idol kinda sings :P

At any rate, I've spent the last couple of months trial testing a few different DAW's (on Windows when I started). But a couple of weeks ago, I got a new M1 Mac mini. So I've been playing with Logic and I just don't see any reason not to use it... I'm sure you'll all agree.

MOST of my production will be 'in the box.' I suspect that everyone here would say Logic is a great choice for that. I do also own NI Komplete 13 Ultimate so I'm pretty set as far as sounds... I do have a first question though... I keep reading across the web that Cubase is 'better' when it comes to midi editing. Now a LOT of this is older stuff that I've read. Is that something I should be concerned with or ?? I'm happy to answer any questions to help flesh this out.

At any rate, I'll be lurking around reading and learning. Hopefully won't have TOO many questions and that noobie questions are welcome.

Thanks for the forum,

Tom (DimEyePianoGuy)

Welcome.

I keep reading across the web that Cubase is 'better' when it comes to midi editing.)

The thing is - any DAW on the market today is a rabbit hole in and of itself and there are not many people in the world (if any) who have learned all of the 12+ DAWs out there to a degree where they can accurately and objectively say which one is 'better' at what. There's things in Logic's MIDI workflow which will make you scratch your head. There's other things which will make you think why no one else has thought of this before. It all comes down to your personal workflow and most of the times you can customize Logic pretty well to adapt to what you want to accomplish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello! I am new here too, nice to meet everybody. I've been songwriting for the past 2.5 years when I have free time at my house in Larnaca here. Sometimes it works out well and sometimes I have no inspiration at all. Anyway I am glad to be a part of this community. Edited by Bulizo

Hello! I am new here too, nice to meet everybody. I've been songwriting for the past 2.5 years when I have free time at my house in Larnaca. Sometimes it works out well and sometimes I have no inspiration at all. Anyway I am glad to be a part of this community.

Hello Bulizo, and welcome here! :D I would imagine that it must beautiful in Larnaca, and that you would always get inspriation. :lol: No seriously though I think it's perfectly normal to be inspired some days more than other days. But there's always fun stuff to do in the studio even when you're not inspired: learn a new synth, or a new technique, practice some mixing, write lyrics, jam, watch some tutorials, listen to some music that sometimes will trigger some inspiration to write something yourself etc.

Hope you find some support here. :)

Hi Everyone My Name Craig,

I'm in my early 50's move from CA to Utah due to the cost of living CA is so expensive now but to be honest, Utah was not my main choice but By Grace of God we have a one-bedroom apartment and not on the streets for me and my wife she works in the grocery store as a cashier I myself have mental illness and a physical one called vertigo so I take meds

but I don't leave the apartment much due to my dizziness

but do try very hard to exercise indoors and clean up the place, etc.... so she doesn't have too

So I started to slowly learn Logic and music I can play some guitar and piano and also been trying to learn some music theory to understand why and what I play so I am not a total newbie but in the learning stages

But after Logic redid the EXS24 to their New Sampler and Quick Sampler

I wanted to start very slow but always moving forward on how to create my own samples sounds that might be a useable playing instrument within Logic

Started out to get a USB Mic Shure M88 to use with an old iPhone to record sounds for samples

Now trying to understand how to clean up my recorded sound so it can be useable

Well that me right now I hope I can get further learning from all Your Guys and Gals

God Bless