Cleaning up Mac

Hi,

My iMac seems to be running slow.The hard drive is almost full so that could be one reason.There are a whole bunch of plugins too, many of them that I seldom use now.Some of them may even be outdated for the current OS.I tried to upgrade to Big Sur as my iMac qualifies for it but I ran into a lot of trouble & somehow was able tor restore it to Mojave thanks to the Time machine .I just want to safely clean up the Mac & remove unwanted plugins.Is there a uninstall app that you guys would recommend or any Mac cleaning app.I know there are lot there but I don't want to further mess up.I'm really not tech savvy so any good advice on Mac maintenance would be appreciated.Thanks.

The hard drive is almost full so that could be one reason.

That's a perfectly good reason.

There are cleaner apps which all have one thing in common: you should stay the hell away from them. They might be superficially good at guessing which files you do and don't need, but they really have no idea what they're doing.

Deleting plugins only really makes sense if they a) cause Logic to crash during operation or b) come with large (1GB+) libraries. You might delete 100 plugins and still only gain 100Mb.

If you run out of disc space, get an external 2TB drive for under 100.-, move all your Logic Projects there and you're set.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

There is this app called Disc Inventory X which scans and shows all files on your computer as rectangular colored shapes and it makes it so easy to spot heavy files. On de-installers, I'm using AppCleaner from freemacsoft. Been using it for so many years and it works great! Tracks all linked files and completely deletes apps. Saves me a lot of time.