Hi there

Hello,

Thank you David for this Forum. Ive been dropping by for a while now as there's some good reading to be had. Upgrading my gear (mid 2019) has been a work in progress so hopefully I can ask some noob-like questions about that here.

A little background - I started on the Atari so going to Logic in 2003 was a natural thing to do. I buried myself therein for about 16 years and didn't pay much attention to anything else except to go from L6 to L8. Early 2019 my sound Card died and my faithful G4 was showing signs of giving up as well. Finally time to surface, do some research and upgrade. At that time a new MacPro announcement was close and when it came I decided on a 27"iMac (what a gorgeous screen!) and of course a brand new Logic, plus a Focusrite audio interface. Going from L8 to L10 and getting familiar with the new hardware has been quite a leap, but exciting. Lots of refreshing to do and new things to learn.

Hello! And thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.

Welcome here. We have a great community of Logic users from newbies to experts, and I hope you won't hesitate to ask any question you may have,

BTW I agree with you that the iMac 27" is a beautiful machine, very comfortable screen. I just wish it were height adjustable, I find that the stand places the screen a little too high for my taste.

:D

Thankyou for the warm welcome!

Yes coming from a CRT monitor to an iMac 27" was all the more amazing. (wow!) Agree about it's height though, and I'm trying to think of ways to improvise about that, exacerbated by my standin keyboard being too high (about 6inches) to be comfortably played on the same table and I've had sit it lower.

A custom desk sounds a good idea David. Got to try and be as comfortable as we can doing all this and I've been seriously thinking of cutting at least 6" off my table legs and just tilting my screen up but I won't get the same angle as in your pik. A recent bit of a neck injury keeps me thinking about such options. I think almost all of us would have some type of controller keyboard right in front of us, with the screen directly behind and for keyboard players we really need to be at a comfortable height. Also have to factor in the iMac screen is very reflective and my large windows make the room very light but again, improvising is the key. A black sheet does wonders.