Logic and Jitsi not playing well

fuzzfilth

Recently tried to enter a teleconference via Jitsi while having Logic open. Not successfully.

Empty Logic Project was loaded and running fine, but upon entering the Jitsi page, Jitsi seemed to grab all audio devices (Mac Pro internal analog and digital audio, Fireface 800, Sennheiser USB headset, and all Aggregate Devices)

Logic duefully complained about "Driver not available" and no driver was selectable in Pref>Audio>Devices.

In Jitsi, I could select any of the aforementioned devices, but no audio went through and then all audio devices had a red exclamation mark, I guess to indicate they weren't available in Jitsi either.

I tried:

- different browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox)

- different sample rates

- restart

- opening Jitsi first

- using the Macbook Pro (same OS and Logic versions)

all but the last thing failed, but using the big rig with four screens is far preferable.

What might cause this and am I the only one ?

I haven't used Jitsi but do a lot of conferencing. I've used different odd software but mostly use Skype (which is still to date my preferred method), Zoom, and Team Viewer.

The best way I've found to handle audio issues or to route audio from Logic into the conferencing software I'm using so that the other person can hear Logic's output is to use Loopback. I preferred the old outdated free SoundFlower version but unfortunately it's no longer working on recent macOS version so I have to use Loopback (which Rogue was nice enough to send me a free copy). It's not foolproof but I normally end up making it work.